Excessive sweating is treated with botulinum toxin injections
Plastic surgeon Vytautas Jankūnas says that profuse sweating, also called hyperhidrosis, is an issue for at least 3 in 100 people. They suffer such inconveniences as unpleasant odour, physical and psychological discomfort. Discomfort especially intensifies during the warm season, because of discomfort in public places and even in the immediate environment.
Sweating is caused by impaired activity of nerves located in the palms, feet, in armpits or other areas of the body.
Many associate botulinum toxin injections with enhancement of facial contours, but this product is also used to stop excessive sweating.
Due to its property of blocking perspiration, plastic surgeons use botulinum toxin, also known as botox. Excessive sweating is stopped with botulinum toxin injections into problem areas.
The procedure and the results
- The preparation is injected with a syringe and inhibits nerve impulses to the sweat glands of the skin, thus inhibiting the activity of sweat glands and sweat production.
- Duration of the procedure – approximately 30 minutes.
- Parts of the body, to which injections were carried out, must not be massaged for 24 hours following the procedure.
- One week after the injections it is advisable to avoid direct sunlight, solarium, sauna.
Botulinum toxin inhibits perspiration for 4–8 months, sometimes even up to 1.5–2 years.
After each treatment hyperhidrosis loses its intensity, therefore perspiration can be normalised after a few injections.
If You have any questions of would like to meet plastic surgeon dr. Vytautas Jankūnas, sign up for an appointment.
Prices of treatment of excessive sweating with botulinum toxin injections:
Botulinum toxin injections for reduction of sweating260 € (from € / month)Reduction of sweating in palm and armpit areas using botulinum toxin injections300 € (from € / month)
* The price includes necessary medical items, pre-and post-surgery care.