Rhinoplasty – nose surgery or simple nose correction, performed by eliminating the defects causing discomfort. Unproportionally large, irregularly shaped nose or nose with other flaws is part of the face which You cannot hide.
Surgery can achieve:
- Change of size and shape of the nose
- Removal of depressions or bumps
- Perforations of nostrils
- Correction of nasal bridge (length and width)
- Elimination of breathing problems in certain cases
Nose plastic operations are not recommended for anyone younger than 18 and is performed only if necessary, when congenital defects or effects of injuries prevent the respiratory function. It can be combined with nasal septum surgery.
Before and after nose corrections
The procedure and the results
According to plastic surgeon Vytautas Jankūnas, nose is operated under general anaesthesia, irrelevant of the correction procedure.
Duration – classic nose surgery takes up approximately 2 hours.
Depending on the need, plastic nose surgery can be performed:
- Through incisions on the inner side of the nose
- Through incisions, affecting the external tissues of the nose and the skin
Changes after the procedure can be seen immediately after swelling passes and dressing is removed. For the final result to form up to 24 months are needed, therefore the healing process requires patience.
Doctor on nose surgery:
After the operation
- 1–2 days must be spent in the clinic. Swelling and bruises can be seen in the region of nose, but it passes quickly
- Until the initial swelling passes, a special nasal spint must be worn for 10–12 days
- After 10–14 there are no apparent signs of operation and the patient can return to work
- Active physical activities and wearing of glasses must be avoided for about a month
- There are no external scars after the operation
The entire period of rehabilitation, depending on the surgery, can take up to 24 months, during which regular visits to the plastic surgeon are necessary.
If You have any questions of would like to meet plastic surgeon dr. Vytautas Jankūnas, sign up for an appointment.
Prices of plastic nose operations:
Nose shape and septum surgery2,000 - 2,400 € (from € / month)Nose septum surgery850 - 1,100 € (from € / month)Nose tip correction1,900 € (from € / month)Full nose correction2,290 € (from € / month)
* The price includes necessary medical items, pre-and post-surgery care.